Wednesday 10 July 2013

X229WRA emerges from the paintshop

Previously unreported on the blog, was that recently acquired Optare Excel X229WRA was being repainted into anglianbus' new livery. I was told last week by Carcom in Beccles that she was due out on Wednesday afternoon. As I was passing through Beccles anyway I thought I'd go and have a quick peep. 

What I wasn't expecting was to be invited inside the garage to have a closer look. The remaining panels of sister X228WRA were leaning up against the wall, the others had been used to reconstruct 229. This is a nice touch for bus enthusiasts as many, like myself liked X228WRA and I'm glad that most of 229 is made out of her.



The timing of the visit turned out to be perfect as after just 20 minutes, she was taken back to anglian's depot at Ellough, enabling me to photograph her in good light. She is now off to konect's depot in Dereham to have her vinyls applied and is expected to enter service on Friday.




Another piece of information worth mentioning is that Sanders have acquiried this ex Reading Buses Scania L94UB Wright Solar, given fleet number 317. We have had no reports of any other arrivals.