Tuesday 11 February 2014

New Series: Rare Spots ~ January '14

We are starting a new series! To replace our once-in-a-blue-moon Looking Back series, we would like you to send in any photographs and/or sightings of workings that you would consider to be rare that you had seen in the last month. As this is the launch, all the photos featured here are mine, so I'd love it if I had a few submissions for February from you guys.

First up, we have Anglianbus 721 W821NNJ which worked the 61 and the 7 on the 30th January. It is rare enough for a double decker to be used on the route so I was rather excited when I noted 721 (the only Anglian bus to still wear Konect's livery) heading towards Kessingland. I swiftly produced my timetables from my bag and worked out where and when I would stand to allow me to photograph her on the 61, and then board her so I could also take a picture with 7 on the destination screen.


Since the service revisions on the 5th January, Anglian's gas buses were expected to be used on the 7 and 61 but as time goes by, they are seeing more and more service on other routes. They have been sited on the 88, 87, 84, 83, 81 and 60. Here I saw one working the 1610 81 from Yarmouth to Beccles.


Sticking with GoAhead, one of Konectbus' Enviro400s needed major work done and was later spotted on a tow truck near Kidderminster. This caused a month or so of Geminis on the 8 and single deckers on other Enviro routes. Most of the allocations had changed but you could imagine my shock and excitement when I spotted a route 3 & 6 branded 610 SN62AVG working the 602 to Harford Park & Ride! 


To finish off, something a bit different. Ambassador Travel operate a free shuttle service to ASDA from the Market Gates in Great Yarmouth. They used to have a specifically branded Leyland National which operated the route every day but since it was withdrawn, the service is usually run by one of their four Solos or their one loan Wright Axcess-Floline bodied Scania. As these buses are also needed for their service runs however, sometimes a standard coach is used. Here however, I photographed Just Go Holidays liveried 250 FJ06BPZ working the numbered 600 route to the supermarket after finishing 879 duties for the colleges.


So! That concludes the first 'episode' in our new series. I hope it was of interest and remember to get in touch if you have see any rare workings this month! Please email them to zak.nbp@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Shame you missed the versa on anglian 88 on Monday. Now that is rare

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.