Saturday 4 June 2016

BorderBus Trial new Decker

LJ03MJU at the company's premesis in Moor Business Park
You may need sunglasses for this one! BorderBus in Beccles have recently taken delivery of two double deckers, to operate their 146 service between Norwich and Southwold. One of the buses, a Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse-Gemini is a permanent acquisition and is registered LJ03MJU, pictured here at the depot this morning in the sunshine. She will be complimented by a second Gemini in due course but in the meantime, the company have a bright orange Optare Metrodecker registered YJ65EPU, on loan for two weeks. The vehicle has seen service so far at Yorkshire Tiger, Reading Buses and New Adventure Travel in Wales and arrived in Suffolk on Thursday. Today, I made it my priority to photograph the bus and with help from BorderBus' useful twitter feed, I was able to position myself at Gillingham bus shelter at 1457 this afternoon, and I must say that I'm quite pleased with the result!

YJ65EPU outside Gillingham Village Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.