Friday 26 April 2013

Yellow Line Workings - 25th/26th April 2013

Over the last few days, I've noticed some exciting allocations on the Yellow Line routes 28, 28A, 29, 29A, 29B and 29S.

Closest I can get! Still, you can just about tell that its a Pink Line bus! 
First of all, I've set myself a mission to capture a Pink Line bus on the 28. Kieran informed me that the bus which calls at Longdale at 2110 would've come off the Pink Line; so is either a Norwich Network spare, or a Pink Line President.
After several failed shots I decided to wait until later in the year when its lighter, and I don't have to use 'night mode' - which has a five-second shutter speed (not ideal for taking pictures of moving objects!)

Todays workings
Yellow Line President 32106 on the 28 to Norwich

 Three buses are needed to operate the 28. For this, First branded Presidents 32106, 33056 and 33149. However, as well as these, Gemini 2 36173 has been operating the route. This meant that 4 buses were operating - which isn't what the timetable reads!


36173 heads into Norwich on the 28
Another confusing allocation was that of WX55TZU (the ex-co-op advert bus) on the 29S. I noted it past my window at around 1530 on the 29S, so I dash downstairs, grab my bike, and rush into Drayton to wait for her to arrive.

I get to Drayton at about 1540, knowing the 29S is due in 5 mins. I wait.... nothing shows up. 1610, WX55TZU shows up 'Not In Service'. If she operated the 29S, she would only just've arrived at Castle Meadow by this time.

I couldn't work out what had happened, and I'm led to assume it must've been a mechanical fault.

If you saw or boarded the 29S anywhere along the route, don't hesitate to contact us at contributions.norwichbuspage@gmail.com