Monday 28 January 2013

G470 LVG - A special Report


Terry Wilkins sent us an email today regarding his purchase of former Caroline Seagul and Sift Taxis G470 LVG.

"I am extremely happy and exited to say that I have purchased the ex-Cobholm Hire Services (Caroline Seagull) and Swift Taxis 1988 Plaxton Paramount 3200 bodied 1988 Dennis Javelin G470 LVG. When I found out that she was to be withdrawn and sold for scrap otherwise, and no one else took up the offer to save her, I decided to put my heart where my money is and buy her off her previous owner, Swift Taxis, for her scrap price. She's been brought, stored and put/kept in service in the Great Yarmouth area for just over 22 and a half years, since brought new, and I'm also pleased to say that she, as a Preserved Coach, is to be stored, by me - as her new owner - still in the Great Yarmouth area - along with my other Preserved PCV/PSV Vehicle - ex-Great Yarmouth Corporation 1968 Marshall bodied 1967 Leyland Atlantean Single Decker 40 - GEX 740F. I brought G470 LVG back in November and she requires front brakes, rear air suspension and some chassis rust removal and welding to be sorted out first before she get an M.O.T. - which I'm hoping to get sorted out this summer and, to which, I am currently saving for. She will, after a few years Rallying with her ex-owner's livery, will, also, be getting a repaint back into the Caroline Seagull livery - as she wore back in the old days."

Terry is looking for pictures of the vehicle at any time, expecially with her time with Caroline Seagul. Please send them to contributions.norwichbuspage@gmail.com and we will pass them on. Copyright Respected.
Thanks to Terry for contacting Norwich Bus Page!
 
(c) Terry Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.