Thursday 26 October 2017

Eyup

Hi there! As I'm sure you will be well aware, the blog has been in limbo for quite a while since Zak announced his intention to leave in September (exactly a month ago today, as it happens). Well, he's found a replacement, so the blog returns... I guess I should introduce myself!

I'm George Griffiths and I'm a 17-year-old bus enthusiast from Sheffield. My interests in buses (as well as trains and aviation) started during the summer of 2010, when at the age of ten I received my first camera, created myself a Flickr account and waddled off down to Sheffield Interchange. A couple of years later, I created my George Griffiths Transport Photography page on Facebook, to share my photos with a wider audience.

Seven years after my first trip down to the Interchange, I now find myself in the very privileged position of taking over one of the most successful bus blogs in the UK, and one I have been reading for many years.

I am incredibly thankful to Zak, and his predecessors, for bringing the blog this far, an incredible achievement to bring the blog so far in only five years in such a saturated bus-blogging marketplace. One million views is an incredible achievement and an amazing point at which to take over the blog. I have enjoyed reading the blog for many years, and never would have thought that I would one day be the one editing it! Again I can't thank Zak enough for this opportunity and I hope I can take the blog forward with continued success.

I am close friends with Zak and he will continue to pass information on to me to add on to the blog when required. Obviously given my distance away from East Anglia this will be much appreciated! I'm hoping that I will be able to provide updates on the blog on a more national level across the whole bus industry, inevitably with a slight focus on developments in Yorkshire, as well as the continued updates coming from East Anglia. 

Me and Zak last met for a trip on South Yorkshire's X78 back in March (hey, it's been too long - he was swanning around in Ireland while I was holidaying in Norfolk in August!) so hopefully we will see each other a few more times in 2018 - you might yet see him making cameo appearances back on the blog if so!

I think that should do for now, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me either using the blog's contact details or through my Facebook page (link provided above). Its nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to future developments on the blog with me at the helm!

Cheers,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.